Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sam at school

Yesterday I was able to chaperone Sam's 4 year old class trip to the Fire Station. It always surprises me to see how different my kids are at school than at home, and that my fears of misbehaving are completely offbase. Sam was a perfect angel. He was quiet, attentive and raised his hand. He was polite, genuine, and respectful. But more than anything else, I was amazed to see his natural leadership traits emerge. When we arrived, the kids were told to have a seat on the couch. Sam ended up smack in the middle of a "girls" couch and I took his pic with 3 girls on each side! He decided he wanted to sit with the boys, and as they saw him coming, they made room for him. As the group was told to move to the next area of the fire station, Sam was ALWAYS right up there, leading the group to the next location, and there was a feeling that the other kids were waiting for him, EXPECTING him to lead them forward. I see great things ahead for that kid. And I can't wait to see what will happen next.

No comments: