Thursday, January 20, 2011

The things Sammy says...

So this week was my "campout" in my car night at the preschool to secure a spot for Olivia next year. It was my FIFTH consecutive year, so I have it down to a science and it's really not a big deal to me. The kids thought it was crazy/funny that I was leaving after dinner to go sleep in my car, and I think they were a little concerned! After I had said goodbye and was heading out to the van, Sammy followed me to the garage door and began his interrogation:
S: "Mom, flashlight, check?"
Me: "Yep!"
S:" Sleeping bag, check?"
Me: "Check."
S: "Snack and drink, check?"
Me: "Check."
Pause...pause...
S: "Purse, check?"
Me: "Yep, check!"
Sam: "Alright then mom, see you in the morning!"
Is he really barely five?!
He had a playdate yesterday at his friend Gabe's house, who has a stay-at-home dad. Before we left he said, "I'm going to Gabe's house to have BOY privacy. Because his mom has to go to work, and his dad stays home, and since it's just me and Gabe and Mr. S, we have BOY privacy."
I love that kid!

No comments: