Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sam's third birthday party






















All in all, Sam's safari party was a complete success! I was thrilled to use fondant for the first time in a cake decorating attempt, and it actually worked out pretty well. I made binoculars for each of the kids out of toilet paper tubes, and they went on safari for animals with their names on them that their parents had hidden around the house. They also played "Simon says" with jungle animals, and we danced to some playlists that included Jungle themed songs like "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" and songs from "The Lion King" and "Jungle Book." The themed food included "Warthogs in a blanket," "Tropical fruit kabobs," "Ants on a log," and "Chips with quicksand" and I draped the entire first floor in green streamers (intended to look like vines, but whatever!) My good friend did face painting for the kids, and Sam had a blast. Time to start planning for next year! Happy Birthday my sweet big kid 3 year old boy!



3 comments:

TheFiveDays said...

Happy Birthday Sam! It looks like a lot of fun, and you did an awesome job with the food and cake!

Kendra@My Insanity said...

That cake is fantastic! I don't suppose you got a closer picture of it, did you?

Miriam said...

But of course! I took LOTS of pics of it! Thanks- it was my first attempt at fondant, and I was so relieved that it wasn't a complete flop!