Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Since it's been so long since my last post, here's what's up RIGHT NOW (seeing as how it's too overwhelming to cover the last 3 months!):
The boys are taking swim lessons at the pool. They have had 6 lessons, two to go. They are swimming with a noodle for support, and able to stay underwater for a few moments at a time. I'm hoping they'll be diving for stuff (in the 3 ft end) by the end of the week, but we'll see!
I sing for them each night as i tuck them in. They each choose a song, but 9 times out of ten, Sam will choose "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and the other day he sang the whole song for me out of the blue. I teared up immediately and MUST remember to get it on tape!
The favorite movies of the moment are "The Golden Blaze" and "Bolt" and we have seen both a jillion times already this summer! The pool, the garden, the scooters, and the power wheels truck have been the main diversions, and I am going to have to come up with some new material here soon!
Olivia is more of a handful than ever. She is fully speaking in sentences, very intelligible, and also VERY bossy! She knows most of the alphabet letters and their sounds (thank you LeapFrog DVD's!) and is Crazy about babies! She'll be two in a week (WHAT!?!) and I'm in the middle of planning her party- a pink, chocolate, and polka dot theme- which will take place this Sunday.
Some of her current catch phrases - "Dat's it!! I 'pank a heinie!" "Hop up, Mommy, come here, mommy, RIGHT NOW!" "I wuv YOU, mom"
Oh, there are too many to remember them all. I'll have to do a better job of posting now that I've let go of catching up and decided to start over!

No comments: