Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ballet, etc.

I signed Olivia up today for a ballet class in the Spring semester. Then of course we went right out and bought her a ballet skirt to wear with her leotard and white ballet slippers. She can't wait to be a "bawaweena!"
Jackson asked "What is ballet?"
I answered that it's a class where mostly girls learn to dance.
J: "Well, I wanna go to ballet. How will I learn to dance?"
Me: "You already do karate. Plus, it's dancing mostly for girls."
Sam jumped in at this point to say, using his hands as he talked for emphasis "Yeah, cause Jack, boys do stuff that is cool or maybe scary. And girls do stuff that is sweet."
At the age of three. Where does he come up with this stuff?!

Tonight at bathtime Jackson told me he doesn't want to grow up like Daddy. When I asked him why, he said "Because I want to stay little forever and make things for you."
So, so painfully sweet.

2 comments:

Jen said...

How are you??

I LOVE this post, by the way. That girls do things that are sweet. CUTE!

High Power Rocketry said...

Your life sounds busy, interesting, hard, fun, and sometimes crazy! Makes for good reading, even for a 27 year old single dude from Brooklyn. :)