Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kids say the darndest things

The other day on our way to brunch, Sammy said "Mommy, Daddy, I have haircuts in my mouth."
We both smiled and said "What?"
"I have haircuts in my mouth. I still have haircuts in my mouth."
We were about to dismiss him for talking nonsense when we realized he had the hiccups!

Tonight in the car the boys were having their own little conversation when Sammy started yelling, "Daddy, Daddy...Jackson's two-er than me." Apparently being three makes you "twoer" than someone who is only two and a half.

When I was watering the garden, the boys came running over with their watering cans to help. I had the hose sprayer set to "shower" and I just held it over their buckets, which was taking a while to fill. Sam looked at me and said, "No, mommy. You have to put it on 'jet'!" Can he read or something? Sheesh.

Tonight when storytime came, it was late for bed so Ryan chose two books for the kids instead of letting them choose their own. He said "Guys, it's late tonight so we're going to read "Kiss Goodnight" and "Goodnight Moon." Jackson grabbed another book and said, "This one says goodnight, too."
We looked and sure enough, it did. Spooky.

No comments: